Saturday, June 21, 2014

Mark's Dalek from Dr. Who

To celebrate the arrival of Baby Mark, I decided I needed to crochet him one more gift in addition to the M pillow....  A Dalek!


Daleks are extraterrestrial cyborgs from the TV show Dr. Who.  What better way to say "welcome to the world" than crocheting an amigurumi of a killer robot from your parents' favorite TV show?

Lucy Ravenscar, who designs and writes the most wonderful crochet patterns, created this free Dalek pattern, and it is simply exquisite.  The bobble stitches are placed perfectly, and I wouldn't change one single thing about the pattern.

Help!  Please don't exterminate me, Dalek!


Mark's mom, Emma, took these utterly awesome and hilarious pictures because I was too much of a moron to remember to snap any pictures before I put the Dalek in the mail.


I used Red Heart Super Saver yarn and an F hook.  Emma used two handsome boys and some awesome props from their family Dr. Who Halloween costumes.  I'll bet Mark is really jealous that he was in utero for that Halloween!


Welcome to the world, Mark!  P.S. Emma, I LOVE those crystal doorknobs!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Poor Mark, he really does look like he is worried about being exterminated.

    ReplyDelete