Thursday, February 6, 2014

Sam's Skunk Hat

Way back in September, Sonia's little buddy, Sam, turned 5.  I heard from his parents that Sam is obsessed with Pepe Le Pew from Looney Tunes, so I started looking for a good Pepe or generic skunk pattern.  This one looked AWESOME, but it was a bigger project that I had hoped to do, and I was running out of time before the birthday party.  Then it hit me-- what might be just as fun as having a stuffed skunk to play with?  Wearing a skunk hat and pretending to be Pepe Le Pew!  So, I freehanded a skunk hat (the base hat pattern was, of course, my favorite Hello Kitty hat pattern from the Crochet in Color blog, but the white part and the ears were made up by me).

Did I remember to take a picture of the hat before I gave it to the little 5-year-old skunk lover?  Nope.  But I saw him wearing his hat at preschool the other day, and he gave me permission to take a couple of blurry cell phone pictures for posterity:



No crochet project left behind.  Must document them all.

Happy birthday five months later, Sam!

No comments:

Post a Comment