Saturday, October 26, 2013

Maisie's Spooky Skirt

I made my sweet three-year-old niece, Maisie, a spooky skirt also while I baby-sat her last week.  She was hilarious when I showed her the skirt as a work-in-progress.  "Is dat fo' ME?  It IS spooky, Aunt Niki!"  I had to bribe her with M&Ms a couple of times to get her to try it on for fittings, but all in all she was a good "client".  Here's a shot my sister-in-law, Stephanie, sent me of Maisie wearing it a couple of days later.



That girl is even cuter in person, believe me!  I'm so jealous of that kitchen backsplash.  Maybe someday . . .

Then, a few hours later, I got a text from Steph asking what the washing instructions were for the skirt. Apparently, there was a pee accident involved -- whoops!  I was stumped.  This materials is just about as man-made as it gets, so I just wildly guessed that she should wash it on cold in the gentle cycle, but not dry it in the dryer.  I haven't heard back how it went, so I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping it worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment