Saturday, September 14, 2013

Corey's Spartan Lunch Bag

Corey has been asking me to make him a lunch bag (to replace the plastic grocery bag he always uses) for, well, many months now.  I decided that as long as I was sewing something for the rest of his family, I had better get that done!  I have been wanting to try the Pink Penguin Lunch Bag tutorial for a long time, and it didn't disappoint.  I did stray from the instructions a little to add a layer of felt in there for some insulation.  I could have sprung for some Insul-Brite, but I forgot to buy some on my last trip to the fabric store.  He has a fridge at work, anyway!  So here is the lunch bag for my diehard Michigan State fan:



It's lined in black ripstop vinyl, but none of the interior shots came out.



Here it is with the drawstring part open:


Of course I used Michigan State fabric that I got on a back-to-school sale at Jo-Ann's.  The denim is from Connie's old dog bed, and the ripstop nylon was a Jo-Ann's purchase.  I love using the parachute cord for drawstring bags!

I'm gave it to him at the big family party at Michigan State, because what better place to gift it than at his beloved alma mater?

I think he likes it!


2 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous bag Niki! Love that fabric!
    I also stopped by to let you know that I featured your Abbey nightie on my round tuit post this week!
    Round Tuit 171
    Thanks again for linking up! Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!!!!!! What an honor. I love your blog!!! And now I'm headed over there to link up my new tutorial for the yarn bag!

      Delete