Thursday, August 22, 2013

Cool but difficult wide-open zipper pencil case

WHEW.  I pinned this pattern months and months ago, but I'm glad I didn't try it until now.  There's no way I would have had the patience to tackle some of these difficult steps until now.  I want to try it again, because I want to do a better job with the piping.  The tutorial for the wide-open zipper pencil case was interesting to follow, because the author used some different terminology than I was used to.






I had a tough time with the piping, because first I sewed too far away from it.  I tried to fix it by sewing closer, and I sewed a little too close in a couple of spots.  I think I have a better grasp on it now, so if I make another one I will certainly try to be a little more consistent.  I'm definitely not using this cool pouch/case/whatever it's called for pencils -- I really don't have a lot of need for toting pencils around these days.  It would make a kick-butt toiletry bag though.

No comments:

Post a Comment