Monday, July 29, 2013

Happy birthday to Ben with a shirt and basket

Peter's good buddy, Ben, has his fourth birthday party today and we're coming armed with (what else?) a "4" birthday shirt and a fabric basket to match.  We're headed to the store in a few minutes to buy some treasures to put in the basket with the shirt.  Nothing like waiting until the last minute, right?  I made this basket pattern for the second time, and it turned out pretty cool.  Peltex (actually, Pellon 72F) is a monster to wrestle with when you're sewing, but it really is the best thing for any project that needs strength and permanent shape.




I love that shark fabric (from the remnant bin at Jo-Ann's) and wish I had a whole lot more of it.  I have no idea what else I would make out of it, but it's just fabulous.  I just bought a new chunk of that flame fabric, because I used all that I had on hand making 20+ car caddies last year.  I have a few ideas of things to make for Peter with it.  I love the blue tints around the edges of the flames.  Ben's party is train-themed, so I tried my best to find some train fabric at Jo-Ann's with zero luck (except for some babyish flannel that would have looked terrible as an applique).

Two and a half hours until party time -- better get shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment