Sunday, May 26, 2013

An Army of Amigurumis

This spring, I crocheted a ton of amigurumis (amigurumi is the Japanese word for the art of knitting or crocheting small stuffed animals and anthropomorphic creatures) for a lot of the awesome little kids I know. It took me a while, but I created an army!

This isn't even all of them-- I crocheted a few more piggies and a bat after I took this group picture.


Sonia loved the "army-gurumi"!


I found almost all of these crochet patterns on the internet-- FOR FREE.  The internet rules.  Sometimes.

I've linked where I found each of these patterns.  Most of these were made with worsted-weight yarn and either an F or a G hook.  I love using the shiny black plastic safety eyes-- they make amigurumis look so much more alive!

Cow


Ladybug


Peacock


Beaver (I think this was my favorite!!)


Panda


Pig


Wiener Dog


Cat


Walrus (This one was from an amigurumi book that my friend, Joann, lent me.)


Bee (whoops, not a very good picture of it)


Gecko


Alligator (This was from Joann's amigurumi book, too.)


Orca


Octopus


Duck


Elephant


Monkey


Baby Seal


Lion


Owl


Flamingo


Goldfish


Pig


Turtle


Seahorse


Butterfly


Lobster


Bat


1 comment: